aN aUSTRALIAN LARP I'm joining

At first I didn’t think this larp was as polished as some of ours but now I’m starting to wonder. This is a very complex world although they’ve basicaly removed the concept of races.

drachenfest.info/fileadmin/u … on_5_0.pdf

I’d be curious to see what people thought of it.

Are you going to Germany to play Drachenfest, or are they running a duplicate of it in Australia?

Its from Germany? As far as I knew it was an orriginal from the sword craft group I’m joining. So yes I’m playing in Australia. Upon reflection the name maybe should have given me a clue but then again Mordavia and Teonn don’t relect anything about NZ do they?

Let me Google that for you:

drachenfest.info

Last I heard Drachenfest was the second-biggest larp in the world with something like 5000 participants at events, after Conquest of Mythodea, which is also German and gets something like 7000 participants at events (very approximate numbers). By the look of those rules they may be intended for using the Drachenfest system outside of Germany though.

Try this site instead. It has more or less the same rules with better english and they’ve completed some of the unfinished rules. Its apparently the rules we use for the weekend games.

WWW.swordcraft.com.au

P.S. I thought I’d been in some low xp games but apparently going to a weekend game can earn me 2/5 of an xp. thats .4 of an xp. This is not modified by costume or RP or anything. Its a flat rate.

I like flat XP rates, the alternatives are hard to manage and risk favouritism.

As for the fractional XP being a low return… depends what things cost to buy. If it costs 1XP to buy some awesome ability then that’s high return XP system. :wink:

Fractional XP does seem just as silly as XP in the thousands though, might as well just multiply or divide until you get you have easily-managed integers.

Yeah the things you can buy with 1 can be awesome but at the same time the things you can buy with say 4 aren’t that much better. I think asside from with the starting xp no one will ever buy them.