Break Room 3: Basilisk Green (15 April 2017)

@Stephanie will be running her monster-comedy larp on April 15:

When: April 15, 2017. Setup from 1pm, game from 2pm - 5pm.
Where: Brooklyn Community Centre Lounge, 18 Harrison St, Brooklyn, WELLINGTON
How much: $20, $15 for NZLARPS / VUW Games Club members and first-time larpers, $10 crew.
Signup form: https://goo.gl/forms/cXHiBpEmfdjwbqgN2

In the massive dungeon network of Invidius the Indifferently Coloured, adventurers are questing - and dying - as per normal. In Break Room 3-Basilisk-Green, however, things arenā€™t so rosy. The Sewage Crawlersā€™ Union is complaining that all the gelatinous cubes are cutting into their hours and agitating while on break; the kobold tribes and skeleton archers are fighting over the arrow-supplies; a young hobgoblin in Torture and Reclamation is trying to get married to Sherril from Supplies (and the HR Guy is furious, because that would mean neither could be vivisected without a special permission slip); two surface fairies arenā€™t sure what theyā€™re doing here; Thog the Bloody and Carnatiaā€™s long-standing feud has evolved into hurtful language and name-calling (itā€™s very frightening); andā€¦ someone broughtā€¦cake.

A cartoonish game of fantasy humour, black comedy of the life-is-cheap flavour by Catherine and Stephanie Pegg. Cost is $20, $15 for NZLARPS / VUW Games Club members and first-time larpers, and $10 for crew.

Excited! Game looks like it will be a blast. Would it be worth cross-posting to the VUW Games Club, or will this fill up enough without us doing that?

1 Like

Absolutely its worth x-posting to VUW-gamers. I should have done it earlier.

Have you ever wondered what wandering monsters get up to on their tea break?
This is a reminder about signing up for this game - so far weā€™ve got 9 signups (to go around 17 characters and 3 crew slots), so Iā€™ll need some more people keen before I can cast.

TLDR: If youā€™ve been thinking about coming to this game, but havenā€™t quite gotten around to the paperwork part, now is your moment of glory. https://goo.gl/forms/cXHiBpEmfdjwbqgN2

Be there, or be a gelatinous cube!

Steph

Steph

(Idiot, would you mind putting a call out on the Facebook group? Ta)

1 Like

This currently has 15 signups. It needs a few more to be viable, and the GM will be making a decision this weekend.

Hi all,

Iā€™ve sent out the casting for this - please let me know if you havenā€™t received your character sheet. (Particularly Morgan Atkins, your email address bounced on me.)

Cast List:
Carnatia Nik Crombie
Humanoid Resources Hannah Kerr
Thog the Bloody Bradley Blucher
Gad Gomelin Russ
Sherril From Supplies Mel Duncan
Sir Justin Ryan Conroy
Black-Scratcher Bryn
Dream-Thief Cecelia-Karou
Journeyman Miki Daena Schofield
Patrie Courtney Parnell
Tib the Kid Morgan Atkins
Bolthragor Rosie Holmes
Grandmere Libby Timms
Rogo Donna Giltrap
Thuris Rebecca Harris
Crew Malcolm Harbrow
Crew Toby Stewart

(We have a few slots still left for players and crew, let me know if you want to come at the last minute.)

Cheers all,

Stephanie

Iā€™m not sure if this was already posted somewhere, but is there a list of races available? Or should I just crack open my Monster Manual? :grin:

1 Like

The characters are all pre-generated, but its exactly the sort of things youā€™d find in the D&D Monster Manual.

Generic D&D with the serial numbers filed off. Unless your character sheet specifies a race, play whatever you fancy and can costume as. (Also, based on some private questions - if your costuming budget is low, we will have some spare gear available on the day; weā€™ll also take indicative over accurate.)

3 Likes

Weā€™ve had a couple of additions, and one drop out. New cast list!

Cast List:
Carnatia Nik Crombie
Humanoid Resources Hannah Kerr
Thog the Bloody Bradley Blucher
Gad Gomelin Russ
Sherril From Supplies Mel Duncan
Sir Justin Ryan Conroy
Parnassius Elizabeth Free
Black-Scratcher Bryn
Dream-Thief Cecelia-Karou
Jewel-Eye Thomas Joychild
Journeyman Miki Daena Schofield
Patrie Courtney Parnell
Tib the Kid Morgan Atkins
Bolthragor Rosie Holmes
Rogo Donna Giltrap
Thuris Rebecca Harris
Crew Malcolm Harbrow
Crew Toby Stewart

1 Like

Hi all,

Weā€™ve regrettably had some drop outs (thanks for giving me the early heads up, guys) and Iā€™m now short four players which is a bit problematic.

Any late entries out there?

Steph

Hi there - I hope you all had a good time.

Soā€¦

Since this game is very close to publishing, weā€™re planning on some ā€˜demotivationalā€™ slogans for including in the bookā€™s section breaks. ā€œYou Donā€™t Have to be Evil to Work Here but it Helps!!!ā€ sort of thing.

Weā€™re open-sourcing this.

If youā€™d like to contribute a cheesy, evil-corporation slogan (and we use it) thereā€™s a free copy of the game in it for you.

Cheers all,

Cat

Thereā€™s no ā€œIā€ in ā€œhordeā€

BTW great game guys

Nice.

Thanks Donna!

Disclaimer: I have not played this game (although Iā€™ve heard about it tangentially and it sounds like a blast) but Iā€™ve always been fond of:

ā€œCome to the Dark Side! We have cookies!ā€

1 Like

Ummmā€¦ maybe something along the lines of ā€œItā€™s not a real (adventuring) party until an adventurer dies.ā€

Or, just going off the blurb (unfortunately, I too havenā€™t played the game), maybe ā€œEnd Cubic oppression, join the SCU!ā€

ā€œIf you were a tunnelling horror, youā€™d be home by now.ā€

ā€œTorture & Reclamation: You donā€™t have to be a sadist to work here, but it helps.ā€

ā€œFor your future trapmaking needs, choose Kobold labour.ā€

ā€œRemember, secret doors and passages are for staff only! Absolutely no telling adventurers about them. We already have enough problems with Elves stumbling in.ā€

Yeah, I know theyā€™re terrible, but hopefully one or two will give somebody else a sliver of inspiration.

1 Like

Thanks, guys, theyā€™re awesome. I hope you all had a good time - I surely did. :slight_smile:

Those are pretty cool. Thanks.

From Nik (on Facebook): ā€œDeath is no barrier to career advancementā€.

:slight_smile: