Calendar archives

Also, February 10-12 is the Chinese New Year (lantern festival) event in Albert Park.

january 5th is russian orthodox christmas.

Bloody hell, thats tomorrow. I shall have to set all my santa traps up again, just in case.

R

Could someone please add these dates to the calendar, and that there is a larp on the Sat night. Thanks.

Unprepared for how busy I’ve ended up this year, keeping the calendar up to date has fallen through. I’ve changed things so anyone registered can add events - please try it out and let me know how you get on.

Ideally event organisers can put their events in themselves once they’re certain they’re going ahead. I’m looking forward to seeing the feature functional myself!

Well, I just used the Calander, and i have to say its very user friendly really, simple to use, and with no annoying bits, likethings that stick out and catch your ankles on the way past.

I expect al other GMs and Organisers to use it now, i have. You have no excuses really.

R

Groovy. Two thoughts:

1. I can’t see any text on the “Add” buttons. Are you being arty or are they only visible in Firefox or something?

2. Is it possible to edit items? Can only the person who added an item edit it?

I have firefox, and I couldnt use them either, but just reasoned it must have been a windows thing. It might just be an over site.

R

You can only edit your own posts in there at the moment. Unfortunately it doesn’t do the “moderator” thing in the same way as other forums would.

I think the text thing is a theme issue 'cos the description of the buttons is hard-coded in…

I too have no text on the buttons, nor (when adding) in the fields to the left of the dates - presumably one should say ‘start date’ and one ‘end date’?

I’m using AvantBrowser (it has the IE embedded thingy)

Steve

There was an update required in /includes/functions.php that’s documented here:

snailsource.com/forum/viewto … =2864#2864

I’ve made the update, it seems to be working.

Craig, you can change the text in buttons here if you want: /language/lang_english/lang_calendar.php

Would be great if the organisers could add their stuff to the calendar. There are heaps of events coming up and I’m havign trouble keeping them all straight in terms of timing.

Related events like NAAMA and Armageddon could go in there, too, and anyone could add them. Even holidays could go in there, it’s useful to know when they are for planning.

The calendar should be useful for organisers so that they can avoid putting events on the same date as other stuff that the community is interested in, including other larps.

February is absolutely chocker with larp and larplike activities so clear your weekends and write these in:

Saturday 3rd - Sunday 4th
The Taupo Joust is happening with a publicity larp in the works. A fun weekend away with free camping at the venue!

Tuesday 6th
Waitangi Day - look out for either a Skirmish or a Stargate game on this date!

Wednesday 7th
nzLARPS Committee meeting. As usual, all are welcome.

Friday 9th
The Pirate LARP at Battlecry, set in the world of Lucy’s pirate campaign.

Saturday 10th - Sunday 11th
Our affiliate AMERICA is putting on their annual gaming convention at the Freeman’s Bay Convention centre. Details.

Saturday 17th
The Mordavia afterlarp. Ding dong, the Dark One’s dead, now let us celebrate a story well told. Watch this space for more details.

Friday 23 - Sunday 25th
Nibelungen: CRASH

But wait, there’s more :slight_smile:

On Sat the 10th, there is the monthly OWBN game as well…

(quote from the email sent out monthly to the America list)

This and every 2nd Saturday of the month (This month being Saturday
the 13th) the One World By Night masquerade game is run. This is a
low to moderate powered game set in White Wolf’s rather dated world
of darkness.

The game starts at 7pm and is run at the Western Districts fast draw
club.( 38 Rua rd, Glen Eden, on the corner of Rua Rd, Tomo St, and
Croyden Rd just behind the small group of shops there) Transport may
be available depending on location.

Anyone interested in joining a game with a lot of history, a growing
playerbase and a new Prince would be advised to contact Chris at
thronodor @ hotmail.com or Kirsten at jadikel @ hotmail.com

Pre-generated characters are available, or you may discuss a
Camarilla character of your own creation with us. Beginners are
welcome.

[quote=“MissMenolly”]The game starts at 7pm and is run at the Western Districts fast draw
club.( 38 Rua rd, Glen Eden, on the corner of Rua Rd, Tomo St, and
Croyden Rd just behind the small group of shops there) Transport may
be available depending on location.[/quote]

It is actually UNDER the dairy there…theres a door round back…for those that are new :smiley:

Don’t forget us here in Hamilton, if you are keen at experiencing the Quest system please get a hold of Alista

questwaikato@yahoo.com

Next game Feburary 4th@1pm… See post in Hamilton thread.

Note: Quest is in the process of rebuilding its infrastructure so bringing your own gear to the game would be appreciated. Foam latex weapons are not currently approved unless you can demonstrate safe usage. (Due to a dryad being bruised by users of said weaponry)

Once again brave adventurers are required to defend the realm against evil and other nastiness.

Time 7pm
Date Friday 23rd Feb.
Writer Robert the Not So Dead
Location Parana/Memorial Park, Memorial Drive Hamilton. Meet at the Cenotaph.

See the Hamilton thread for full details.
Jared

Come and celebrate the winter solstice with us, join in the anniversary of our fine Barony as you dance and dine the dark nights of June away with your friends and allies. And did I forget (no!) the Tournament of the Roses! Win roses for your lovely consort in a display of skill and chivalry!

[b]Saturday June 23rd
Avondale Lions Hall

Tournament of the Roses from 1pm
Dancing from 4pm
Feasting from 6pm[/b]

June the 23rd is the date you’re looking for, at that home of many fine Ildhafn feasts - the Avondale Lions Hall.

Tickets for adults can be yours for as little as $20! So mark that date in your diary now, and book your tickets early. The timetable of the day:

1pm - Armour inspection begins
1.30pm - The Tournament of the Roses (more details will be posted soon)
4pm - Hall opens. Hopefully the tournament’s over by now and the fighters who need to go and have a shower have done so, so that they may attend…
4.15pm - Dancing! Games! Whatever else takes peoples fancy to while the afternoon away in good company!
6pm - Feast begins. For those of you who’ve been unable to join us for the earlier parts of the afternoon, you’d be advised to be here by this time lest you miss out on some of the wonderful fare our cooks will be
preparing.

Please note that some bits of this timetable may change, but all changes will be announced as early and widely as possible. Most notably, the time for the fighting might move depending on how many people are planning on entering.

Cost
If you’re an adult member of the SCA, just $20.
If you’re a non-member, it’s just $2 more.
Children 15 and under, $1 per year of age.

Book early, as prices will rise by $5 for the last week of bookings (bookings close on June 15th, to give our cooks time to prepare).

Bookings can be sent either via email (followed by a cheque or money to the steward please), or by post to:

David Robb
78 Connaught St
Blockhouse Bay
Auckland

www.ildhafn.sca.org.nz

** Important ** - Please be sure to inform us of any food allergies you may have at the time of booking!

Adults $20
Adult non-members +$2
Bookings received June 9 - June 15 +$5
Chidren (15 and under) $1/yr of age

PM me for the contact email address

Hi all,

Just like to invite you all to America’s Cup 2007. A weekend of awesome roleplaying, you don’t need to know any systems as they games are organised so anyone can have a go.

We will also be having a Larp on the Saturday evening. Peter and his team are busy writing it as I type.

Check out the America website theamericaclub.net.nz/americascup2007 and more info will be posted as I get it.

Karen

Thanks, Karen

Here’s the calendar - you should be able to add this event.