Calendar archives

City Prefixes have now been added

Below is a Link to the NZLARPS calendar as well as a brief list of the events on it. I shall aim to update the calendar and the list Monthly. If you have an event to be added to the calendar, Email the details to nzlarps(at)gmail.com with Name, Time, Address and a link to an appropriate Diatribe topic or website.

[size=150]Calendar Is Here[/size]

Upcoming Events as of 30/04/10

{AKL} Requiem - 1st May 2010
{AKL} One World By Night - 8th May 2010
{AKL} St Wolfgang’s Vampire Hunters: Revelations - 14th May 2010 - 16th May 2010
{AKL} New Horizons - 29th May 2010
{AKL} Requiem - 5th June 2010
{AKL} One World By Night - 12th June 2010
{AKL} New Horizons - 26th June 2010
{AKL} Chrono Continuum Game 2 - The Threat - 3rd July 2010
{AKL} Requiem - 3rd July 2010
{AKL} One World By Night - 10th July 2010
{CHC} Buckets of Dice - 9th - 11th July 2010
{AKL} America’s Cup - 10th - 11th July 2010
{AKL} Chimera 2010 - 27th - 29th August 2010
{AKL} ZombieLARP: Thirty Minutes to Midnight - 11th September 2010
{AKL} Teonn: The Elemental Rising - 26th November 2010 - 28th November 2010

Please E-mail the above address or PM me if there are incorrect details.

You’re a legend. Thanks!

Cardinal Sin, St Wolfegangs day game running on the 14th November, at Grey Lynn Library Hall., from 7pm to midnight.

Multiverse Daygame Woven of Chaotic Fusion. Sunday 8th November, 5pm, Western Springs.

To add:

Jade Empire - Heroes Return. Venue: Tanuki Japanese Restaurant, 319 Queen Street, Auckland Central (Function Room)
Time: 7pm onwards. Cost: $30. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4218

Much Ado About Something - Wellington - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4322

Stargate - 29/30/31 Jan 2010, Ohinewai viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4298&p=47439#p47439

Multiverse - The Fragility of Symmetry - 26th-28th March 2010. Motu Moana Scout Camp. viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4328

Chimera - 27th-29th August, Motu Moana Scout Camp.

Also, stand-by, hopefully there will be dates announced soon for Serenity (is hopeful) and the May Wolfgang game.

To Add - starwars December 12th One Tree Hill One Day Event 12th December!

To add:

ashes on the wind, [size=150] dec 6th at summit battery northead from 10 am to about 3pm[/size], this is a scene set for players and a bit of a beta test of the rules, contact me or Heath for more details and a copy of the rules. (head gm Heath Harrop, 1st written larp) cost free.

Serenity too pretty to die: [size=150]anzac weekend next year, friday to sunday[/size], this is part of the ongoing story line so if you want to use your old character that’s all good, new characters will be accepted for approval up until march 31st. costs etc to follow

also adding , one off evening LARP on 10th of March 2010. (name announced shortly)

The List has now been updated as has the Calendar

[quote=“Wulfen (David)”]To add:

Serenity too pretty to die: [size=150]anzac weekend next year, friday to sunday[/size], this is part of the ongoing story line so if you want to use your old character that’s all good, new characters will be accepted for approval up until march 31st. costs etc to follow[/quote]

That is ridiculously close to St Wolfgang’s season…

[quote=“TequilaDave”][quote=“Wulfen (David)”]To add:

Serenity too pretty to die: [size=150]anzac weekend next year, friday to sunday[/size], this is part of the ongoing story line so if you want to use your old character that’s all good, new characters will be accepted for approval up until march 31st. costs etc to follow[/quote]

That is ridiculously close to St Wolfgang’s season…[/quote]

well to quote Anna at Wolfgangs last weekend, “OMG this is so cool, two weekends of awesome” :slight_smile:

(WLG) Masquerade on Fleet Street - Saturday 20th March 7pm-11:30pm, Turnbull House, Thorndon, Wellington. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4398

(WLG) Dark Hart of Camelot - Saturday 13th February 2010, 12pm to 4.30pm, Kapiti Coast [url=http://diatribe.co.nz/t/black-hart-of-camelot-registrations-now-open/3651/1[/url]

^^^ It’s “Black Hart”. :wink:

Calendar Updated. 15/12/09

One off larp now has a name :smiley:

One Night in Heaven

i bet this has been raise like a bajillion times but, can’t two larps book the same night and we fight to the death for who gets to have their larp on that night? (and by fight to the death i mean just let numbers decide who is best)

Yes, the GMs could end up doing that but in the end, its going to be a bad idea for both of the larps involved (especially if its two popular ones). Booking on the same night (or sometimes even the same week) will hurt numbers from both and overall reduce the numbers in both games. plus its not really fair on the other GM because you’re kind of sabotaging their game. The best way to avoid this is to book a date for your larp around 2 or 3 months in advance (sometimes its booked 6 months earlier)

If larping continues to grow, it will become necessary to double book larps. There are only so many weekend days in a year. Chimera certainly doesn’t suffer for having more than one larp on at once!

While I think it’s wise to put this off as long as possible, when we run out of unused days there will have to be compromises made. Hopefully by that time, the player base will have grown to the point where it’s not a crisis to have two larps running concurrently. Well, except for those traumatised players who wanted to play in both. :wink:

Until then, like Blair says, get in early, I guess.