Diatribeadmin

Now Ryan is less active on diatribe, who do these go to? there is a group of us who would like a backstage forum, but Walter’s request has gone uanswered so far.

Does the new Diatribe exist in any form yet? If there’s already a working version of it hidden away, perhaps we could go onto using that instead, so that there’s one less thing that has to be ported across to the new one. I have no idea what the status of the new Diatribe is though, and considering how much work Naomi has put into the other web stuff so far, it would be perfectly reasonable for it not to be up and running yet.

Try emailing him - he’s pretty responsive to that.

Progress on the IT upgrade can be tracked here: trello.com/b/8DprkdhG/nzlarps-migration ; Naomi’s been on holiday (like any sane person), but judging by her previous stuff, when she turns her attention back to it, it will happen very quickly.

The issue in this case isn’t my responsiveness, but that I didn’t get an email notice of Walter’s PM because the hosting changeover isn’t complete.

PMs to DiatribeAdmin are notified to diatribe@nzlarps.org. I used to be able to check that address from my personal email, but can’t anymore since the email hosting was moved. I let Naomi know about the issue a while back, I should follow up with her.

I’ve responded to Walter’s request now.

I’m pretty responsive to Diatribe requests still. Things do slip my mind sometimes, and reminders via different channels like email or Facebook PM are welcome. The problem in this case is just IT changeover stuff though.

Naomi and I agreed that I’d continue as DiatribeAdmin until the current forum is defunct, because it doesn’t make sense to train someone new up in a tech that’s going out the window. I’m still keen for others to take over when we move Diatribe the new hosting though.

The private forums will all be ported to the new Diatribe if possible, so it probably still makes sense to create them here for now.

[quote=“Ryan Paddy”]The issue in this case isn’t my responsiveness, but that I didn’t get an email notice of Walter’s PM because the hosting changeover isn’t complete.

PMs to DiatribeAdmin are notified to diatribe@nzlarps.org. I used to be able to check that address from my personal email, but can’t anymore since the email hosting was moved. I let Naomi know about the issue a while back, I should follow up with her.

I’ve responded to Walter’s request now.

I’m pretty responsive to Diatribe requests still. Things do slip my mind sometimes, and reminders via different channels like email or Facebook PM are welcome. The problem in this case is just IT changeover stuff though.

Naomi and I agreed that I’d continue as DiatribeAdmin until the current forum is defunct, because it doesn’t make sense to train someone new up in a tech that’s going out the window. I’m still keen for others to take over when we move Diatribe the new hosting though.

The private forums will all be ported to the new Diatribe if possible, so it probably still makes sense to create them here for now.[/quote]

Awesome thanks Ryan! I wasn’t sure if you were still checking it :slight_smile:

[quote=“Ryan Paddy”]The issue in this case isn’t my responsiveness, but that I didn’t get an email notice of Walter’s PM because the hosting changeover isn’t complete.

[/quote]

I swear I added the diatribe address as an alias a while back, but will double check. Maybe there was a typo or something…

When I send email to diatribe@nzlarps.org it says it has failed permanently.

550 5.1.1 diatribe@nzlarps.org: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

Try it now?

Great, it’s working now thanks Naomi.

Looks like I forgot the important step of restarting the mail server!