Introduce yourself

Hi, I’m Freddie. I’ve finally registered on diaribe. I used to LARP a bit a few years ago (played Captain Nemo In the Great Exhibition), but then moved overseas to study. I’m back in NZ :slight_smile: and am studying at UoA.

Hi Guys,

My name is Chris and I landed in Auckland on Friday… I now live here :slight_smile: so am itching to get LARPing again.

In the UK (where I am from) I have had the pleasure (mostly) of being envolved with various WoD Live Actions inc. the Cam UK before they went all year of fire on us… But also awesome Contact LRPs like Oblivion, Bladelands and Insurrection, all of which where small 40-60 player games that where weekend events.

So Tell me whats good to play in Auckland :slight_smile: also interested to know about T-Top stuff if there is a RPG group in Auckland that meets regularly. Both me and my missus Lynn LRP and T-Top, we also both can ST/GM/DM various systems for table top :slight_smile: so if there is a group but no space in a game we are happy to start a new game up and drag a few new friends though our evil and twisted minds :stuck_out_tongue:

Chris

Hi Chris, welcome to Auckland! Looking forward to seeing you at events!

Welcome back Freddie and greetings Chris. Hope you enjoy your LARPing and what not and don’t forget to enjoy yourselves while you’re here.

[quote=“darkling2000”]Hi Guys,

My name is Chris and I landed in Auckland on Friday… I now live here :slight_smile: so am itching to get LARPing again.

In the UK (where I am from) I have had the pleasure (mostly) of being envolved with various WoD Live Actions inc. the Cam UK before they went all year of fire on us… But also awesome Contact LRPs like Oblivion, Bladelands and Insurrection, all of which where small 40-60 player games that where weekend events.

So Tell me whats good to play in Auckland :slight_smile: also interested to know about T-Top stuff if there is a RPG group in Auckland that meets regularly. Both me and my missus Lynn LRP and T-Top, we also both can ST/GM/DM various systems for table top :slight_smile: so if there is a group but no space in a game we are happy to start a new game up and drag a few new friends though our evil and twisted minds :stuck_out_tongue:

Chris[/quote]

Hey Mate,

Finally another pom enters the arena! Larping wise 40-60 is a medium to large larp here. The largest ever was 120 (? > Teonn). For pen-and paper gaming there is the America club that meets at Auckland uni every tuesday (dnd, exalted other white wolf stuff) There are also some LRP’s going monthly - mostly white wolf games like requem. They are monthly campaigns similar to the uk bits n bobs (not sure they are official world wide games tho)
saying T-Top here can be confused for wargaming (warhammer / warmachine / flames of war) If you are into that then I work at GW and can definatly sort you out with a club / gaming group.

Nice to have you overhere - I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I have. Oh and by the way - Curious Passtimes or Loren Trust? :wink:

Ooh, WarMachine, I used to play that for a few days in a week/event called CampZone =D (The event wasn’t actually meant for that kinda gaming, but yea…)

Us Pome’s RULE =D

we did once but then we gave it all back :stuck_out_tongue:

So who do I need to talk to to find out where the tuesday meet is for the the pen and paper games?

Chris

[quote=“Xcerus”]
Hey Mate,

Nice to have you overhere - I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I have. Oh and by the way - Curious Passtimes or Loren Trust? :wink:[/quote]

Niether :slight_smile: Oblivion, Bladelands, Insurrection, and I was proably going to try out the Odysee or what ever it is called the new one run by the mealstrom guys. But then I left… and its a bit far to go back to play :frowning: I already miss BL and Insurrection… they where both awesome :slight_smile:

we did once but then we gave it all back :stuck_out_tongue:

So who do I need to talk to to find out where the tuesday meet is for the the pen and paper games?

Chris[/quote]

Karen - she works at King of Cards in town (its in the queens arcade basement - full of MTG and roleplay books + boardgames.)

http://theamericaclub.net.nz/ for the AMERICA club website.

Tuesdays are our Roleplaying Nights, Wednesdays our Boardgaming nights. We’re a University of Auckland club, but have close ties to NZLARPs.

For other info you can PM me or email me at alwayspaladin@gmail.com

Welcome!
Robza (AMERICA President)

It seems that I haven’t introduced myself here before. Here is a timely reminder of why this thread is so important…[quote=“Ignifluous”]Ah, but we’re not telepathic, so we can’t just suck your experience & understanding level out of your brain.[/quote]
So, yeah, my name is Augur, I started LARPing in 2011, but I have been into RPG and CRPG for many years, including a heck of a lot of Alternate Reality gaming on the Atari 8-bit computers during the 80’s. In the 90’s I particularly enjoyed the Ultima franchise, and mucking about with MOO and MUD clients. This was long before the advent of MMORPGs. Apart from RPG games, I’m also more into strategy games than FPS. I play some paper-based and board-game RPGs as well, and my current favourite is Descent: Journeys in the Dark. I also enjoy the Steve Jackson games, like the Munchkin series.

That should be enough to present my credentials as a gamer. :stuck_out_tongue:

Other than that, what else do you want to know about me? I’m 40ish and married. I’m into steampunk, anachronism, and retrofuturism. I was one of the original “geeks”, being into computers long before they became fashionable. I’m a member of Tangleball, a community workshop / makerspace / hackerspace in central Auckland.

Hi guys,

I am completely new to this and save drama at high school I haven’t done anything like this ever. However, it looks great and I am a self professed sci-fi/historical geek.
I am 21yr old female from the North Shore (but dont hold that against me).
So how is the best way to get involved? Obviously I unfortunately missed the MOTAT event which was designed for new LARPers.

Thanks in advance.

Chimera is in a couple of weeks, has a few spaces left, and would give you an opportunity to try various styles of game.

[quote=“Classical”]Hi guys,

I am completely new to this and save drama at high school I haven’t done anything like this ever. However, it looks great and I am a self professed sci-fi/historical geek.
So how is the best way to get involved? Obviously I unfortunately missed the MOTAT event which was designed for new LARPers.

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Hi there, it’s so great that you found us! As IdiotSavant says above, Chimera is in a few weeks, and that would be a great time to try some short games of all kinds. Have a look at the Chimera website and if you’re interested, drop us an email at chimera@nzlarps.org, and I can talk you through what options there are for games, costuming and how to cope with it all being a newbie!

We’d really love to see you there, so please don’t be shy :slight_smile:

Anna

Heya,

First off welcome :slight_smile:

I’m also pretty new, I just know a few of the people on here in the flesh thanks to A.M.E.R.I.C.A the Uni Role play soc. Also places like King of Cards has some very friendly members of staff :stuck_out_tongue: I would say the best way to get involved is to do exactly what you have done, say hi on here, look for games you are interested in and post questions. They all seem nice here :stuck_out_tongue: they only bite if you want them to… maybe see you at Chimera if I have a home by then :slight_smile:

Chris

Thanks guys,
I have looked at the website and emailed Anna about what is still available/good for beginners.
So might meet some of you at Chimera.

[quote=“Classical”]I am a self professed sci-fi/historical geek.
I am 21yr old female from the North Shore (but dont hold that against me).[/quote]

Will not hold any of this this against you. :slight_smile:

That depends… which part of the North Shore? :stuck_out_tongue: I’m in Forrest Hill myself :slight_smile:

Definitely make an appearance at Chimera if you can, it’s a fantastic event, full of fun, and a great opportunity for new people to try it out. Other than that, I recommend crewing for the current big campaign game, “Teonn”. Crewing was one of my earlier experiences in larping, and I had a fantastic time, made lots of new friends, and shared many a great laugh. It gives you a great chance to try out lots of different roles with no pressure attached!

[quote=“Aiwe”]Since I’m now posting a lot in Diatribe it’s probably a good idea to present myself in some way.
I’m Lucy …
.[/quote]

WELCOME TO DIATRIBE, LUCY!