Introduce yourself

[quote=“Dragnew”][quote=“Aiwe”]Since I’m now posting a lot in Diatribe it’s probably a good idea to present myself in some way.
I’m Lucy…
.[/quote]

WELCOME TO DIATRIBE, LUCY![/quote]

ROFLMAO, thanks for welcoming, now I no longer feel like I forced my way into larping :smiling_imp:

Welcome new one… welcome…

[quote=“Aiwe”][quote=“Dragnew”][quote=“Aiwe”]Since I’m now posting a lot in Diatribe it’s probably a good idea to present myself in some way.
I’m Lucy…
.[/quote]

WELCOME TO DIATRIBE, LUCY![/quote]

ROFLMAO, thanks for welcoming, now I no longer feel like I forced my way into larping :smiling_imp:[/quote]

I just tend to appear places and pretend I’ve always been there. :smiling_imp:

Hi,

My name is David and I just moved from France to New Zealand, I currently live in the Auckland CBD but will probably move soon in the Ponsonby area soon. In France I used to live in Reunion Island (in case anyone knows where this is…) where I ruled a RPG, LARP and boardgame association. I started the LARP ages ago and the RPG even longer ago.

In terms of RPGs, I fancy ambiances RPGs such as Chulhu or COPS, but I am very open minded (even for a Fench :laughing: ) and eager to discover new things. As I am not a native speaker it will probably take a few months before I try to move on the other side of the screen and become a GM…

In terms of LARPs, I fancy various types of ambiances but really like Steampunk and pirates style LARPS. Last May I organised a 30 hours, 55 players pirate LARP in Reunion and we had a great time ! I’ll try to be there for karuna’s western LARP.

In terms of Boardgames, we used to have a Bloodbowl league in Reunion, and we had a tuesday night in a bar where we accommodated (bar+association) between 50 and 150 players on the busy days… So the boardgame list is too wide to write it down here. :smiley: .

Welcome, David :slight_smile:

Looking forward to meeting you at one of the local games. If you’re hankering for something soonish Knightshade (dark Fantasy) is having a day game on 12 November in Hamilton - you can surely catch a lift with someone if need be.

Jade Empire (Oriental fantasy) is having a day game on 19 November here in Auckland.

And Teonn, our big campaign game (dark Fantasy) is set for the weekend of 3 December.

All of these games have sections on Diatribe where you can read more.

Once again, welcome!

Jackie

Thanks amphigori,

I currently don’t know about my work schedule for november but I’d love to try LARP NZ style ! I’m really looking forward to playing here, and will probably book a place for a (or two or three…) game as soon as I know when I am available.

Yay, I’m no longer the only new immigrant from Europe =D.
Welcome!

Cough Cough :confused:

Completely and utterly new :blush: , heard about it at Armo Expo. Love the sounds of it and have always liked meating people and doing things you don’t do on a day to day basses eg. being a pirate or gangster. Unfortunatly I live in Whangarei and there is no LARP here (dang). But as for me as a person, I love music, I play piano and I compose (write music for those of you that don’t know that word). I write anything I feal like, I tend to write classical, funk, blues and Jazz but I have some stuff that could be considered techno or other stuff. Alternative I guess. 8) I’d love to be part of the comunity and … LARP FOR WHANGAREI!!! :smiley:

Sweet as.

Welcome!
Orkland does seem to be the larp hub at the moment. We have peps coming to larps in Orkland from as far as Dunedin on occasion. I myself am in Hamilton, run my own larp down here (kickstarting it off after a haiatis) but regularly travel up to events in Orkland. Get on a bus for one of the weekend events, you can probably find someone from the community to pick you up.

[quote=“Jared”]We have peps coming to larps in Orkland from as far as Dunedin on occasion. [/quote]Hey, I resemble that remark :wink:

Hi Tomasso, glad to have you on board. Feel free to ask any questions you have on here, this is the friendliest place on the internet (not kidding :slight_smile: )

Viperion

[quote=“Tomasso”]Cough Cough :confused:

Completely and utterly new :blush: , heard about it at Armo Expo. Love the sounds of it and have always liked meating people and doing things you don’t do on a day to day basses eg. being a pirate or gangster. Unfortunatly I live in Whangarei and there is no LARP here (dang). But as for me as a person, I love music, I play piano and I compose (write music for those of you that don’t know that word). I write anything I feal like, I tend to write classical, funk, blues and Jazz but I have some stuff that could be considered techno or other stuff. Alternative I guess. 8) I’d love to be part of the comunity and … LARP FOR WHANGAREI!!! :smiley:

Sweet as.[/quote]

Welcome! As part of the larper team at Armageddon Expo, it’s really awesome to see you made it onto Diatribe. We met a lot of people from Whangarei and thereabouts that were interested in larping so hang around, we’ll see what we can kickstart up that way!

Welcome to Diatribe, Tomasso. It’s probably well worth the trip down from Whangarei to Auckland for a larp that runs all weekend, like the Teonn game that’s coming up on December 2nd-4th (if you like fantasy), or maybe even for the two introductory larps that are coming up on Sun 20th Nov. Plus like Anna says, there’s a chance of getting some local larp happening in Whangarei.

I’m Mark…aka Burnt Sorrow (or Burnt_Sorrow if online)

I’m a 22 year old RPG fan who has never larped before but has always been interested in it

I’m the kinda guy who would watch your back in a firefight, even if it meant I got killed in your place, cause without friends on the battlefield everyone dies alone

Hey Mark, nice to meet you.

What kind of genres are you into? Do you think you’ll be keen for the 1930s pulp & science fiction larps that are happening on the 20th?

genres: pretty much anything

In regards to the 20th, sure, just depends on if i am working or not

Cool, there’s a crazy variety of larp happening in Auckland at the moment so it’s great you’re open to whatever.

Hi, I’m Tim
I saw your stand at Armageddon and I think I talked to Anna(?), and thought this sounds like a lot of fun.
I’m a member of CNZ (Cosplay New Zealand) and have been for the last few years -another post-Geddon joining thing- but I’m more keen
on the roleplaying aspect, especially since my sewing/costuming skills suck!

I have not done much RPing before, but in 2010 I organised a Murder Mystery Dinner, and earlier this year I ran a Murder Mystery Ball,
both of which I created, borrowing heavily from various anime and fandoms. I have a few ideas about hosting a Murder Mystery event on a Train,
but at the moment I’m just keen to get some more experience in Larping first.

Unfortunately I do a lot of contract work, so I move around NZ and sometimes OZ for months at a time, but I’m looking around
for good events to join up to and get started with. Any suggestions from Feb-March next year?

Hi Tim, welcome to the community!

If you’re going to be in Wellington in February, there’s going to be a live action game called Kingdom, run by Bryn (nzlarps.org/hydra/index.php?pageName=news).

If you can make it to Wellington at all in late January, I also recommend Kapcon (kapcon.org.nz/), this is a mix of tabletop roleplaying, board gaming and larp, with the larp stream very well populated.

Apart from that, games are being run very frequently in Auckland and Wellington, with occasional games elsewhere - just keep an eye on the boards for something that may take your fancy.

Steph

Heya, that’ll be me :smiley: Great to see you all signed up to the forum, I hope we’ll see you at an event soon :slight_smile:

Hi Stephanie and Anna,
thanks for the welcome. Also, thanks for the info. Unfortunately my Jan/Feb slots are all tied up with work, but Hydra sounds like a good place to get started.
I’ll be sure to keep that weekend free in April.
Is there anything I should prepare for, with regards to the convention? At some point I may want to put a costume together- once the LARPs are confirmed.
In the meantime, is there any way I can help out, with organization- just trying to make myself useful. :smiley: