Introduce yourself

Cheers for the welcome guys. I was looking at that event in August as a good chance to prehaps sink my teeth into, as it has a mix of short,long events. @ Derek I am based in Sth Akld, but travel to East for work. Are most of the day events on Saturdays??? Reason is my days off are Sunday/Mondays, but getting time off (if during day) is no probs.

The games at Chimera in August are all about 3 hours long. There are 6 timeslots over the weekend (each timeslot has several games to choose from), so you can play up to 6 games over the weekend. So the lengths are about the same, but thereā€™s a big variety of styles in the games from intrigue to adventures with live combat & foam weapons, across a lot of genres. Great way to get a taste for a variety of larps.

A lot of evening games are on Saturdays, to give people Sunday to recover I guess. Unless you work Sat evening that should be okay though? Full-day games happen on Saturdays and Sundaysā€¦ possibly more often on Saturdays though. Game organisers just schedule times for whenever they think will suit the players, thereā€™s no particular structure to it. Although weekend events almost always start on the Friday evening and run through to the afternoon on Sunday, to get the maximum amount of time in while leaving some time for debrief and cleanup after.

Thought i would bump this as we have quite a few new people who might want to introduce themselves :smiley:

^new member has best user icon ever. mean as gorirra ^.^

I donā€™t think I ever introduced myself.

My name is Che (said like Shay). I am 24, and a student.

I first tried larping a few years ago as Ava - the stupid amnesiac vampire at requiem, and as crew at St. Wolfgangs.

Then I stopped to be anti social, but just tried crewing again at the last Teonn and now I am excited for everythinggggg.

I donā€™t know if anyone will read this, but I am Te Kahurangi, Artist of Rangitukia. I am a youth worker and (obviously) an Artist. I have been involved with LARP since about 1993, when I played Fanad in Hamilton (with Alista Fow) and Gateway in Auckland (with Derek Tomes), and designed my own LARP called REALM! and a less serious LARP called KiL Quest. I Played as one of the firsts players of Twilight Theatre Troupeā€™s Masquerade, and was a storyteller for what was once known as the Junior Masquerade, which evolved into The Ambient Crew. Basically I am an old hand that still likes to see what others can do and enjoy myself as a player for a change. I live on the East Cape and as such I am miles from anywhere. My nick-name is TK. :mrgreen:

Hi, Iā€™m Pete. I am originally from Taranaki but have been off exploring the world for the last four years. In the UK I have been to Maelstrom and The Lorien Trust over the last two years. I am also involved in organising a game for secondary school students called Age of Seekers. I am returning to NZ in December and am looking forward to getting involved in the scene there. I will most likely end up living in the Wellington area, however this depends on where I get a job for 2013.

Excellent. Thereā€™s a strong theatre-style scene in Wellington, and weā€™re just taking the first steps towards outdoor combat-style larp, with 33AR (steampunk) and Kingdom (fantasy).

Good places to meet wellington larpers: here, KapCon (January), Hydra (April).

Nice to see you here Pete. :wink:

Hi Daniel,

welcome to nzlarps!

Whereabouts in New Zealand are you?

Where did you hear about larping?

I nuked Daniel, looked 100% spambot to me despite the lack of apparent spam as yet.

Sometimes they come back and edit their posts to add spam.

Hiiiii! :smiley:

My name is Pattee. You can call me Pat. o: I live in Auckland, and I study at uni. I thought I was going to lurk around the forums for a while, but then I saw that superhero LARP. So. I signed up! Now excuse me I have to sign up for that LARP I saw <3

EDIT: I am not as ditsy as I can come across. :smiley: And Iā€™ve never LARPed before, but Iā€™ve been keen for quite a while. <3
EDIT2: Actually I AM pretty ditsy! :smiley: IT IS SUPER FUNNNNNN.

Itā€™s 6:15 AM I havenā€™t slept yet. I am hyper. I will go away now u

Hey Pattee, welcome to Diatribe!

Hope you have a great time at Truth, Justice and Spandex.

Hello. My name is Sam and Iā€™m completely new to LARP! Iā€™ve always wanted to try LARPing but wasnā€™t sure how to (I had no idea there was even a LARP society in NZ!) until I and discovered the LARP booth at Armageddon.

Iā€™ve signed onto The Black Hart Of Camelot game which will be my LARPing debut. Iā€™m incredibly excited about it but also somewhat nervous. Any tips would be VERY much appreciated!

Never be afraid to ask the GM questions.

Know that what happens IC - In Character, isnā€™t how someone feels OOC - Out of character. And make use of this, donā€™t be afraid to do stuff during the game.

Once you know what character you are getting there are likely to be lots of people who are happy to lend you gear for your first game.

I found reading some Arthurian tales was good for getting me in the mood before playing Black Hart of Camelot.

[quote=ā€œCrowboltā€]Hello. My name is Sam and Iā€™m completely new to LARP! Iā€™ve always wanted to try LARPing but wasnā€™t sure how to (I had no idea there was even a LARP society in NZ!) until I and discovered the LARP booth at Armageddon.

Iā€™ve signed onto The Black Hart Of Camelot game which will be my LARPing debut. Iā€™m incredibly excited about it but also somewhat nervous. Any tips would be VERY much appreciated![/quote]

Welcome Sam! Weā€™re pleased youā€™re coming to give it a go. Youā€™re going to have a great time at Camelot. As Scott says, donā€™t be afraid to email the GM, Derek, with any questions. Or post here :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your advice and for making me feel so welcome! Will any of you be participating in the Camelot game?

Not me, I am a bit far away living in Wellington. But I have played in it and also run the game once down here.

Iā€™ve registered to, so I might meet you there :slight_smile:

Welcome Sam! I must say, I like your Diatribe handle!