NZLARPS National Committee quarterly summary January 2017.
The NZLARPS National Committee doesn’t formally meet, and instead conducts business through its Diatribe forum. As a result, we don’t publish formal minutes. Instead, we have decided to provide a quarterly summary of business.
Since October the National Committee has:
- Received a formal communication from the Wellington Committee highlighting the need to act on safety concerns. Similar concerns were expressed in the Hamilton AGM minutes, and information was also received from the Saga Larp GMs. The Auckland director has asked us not to make any decisions until they have had a public meeting on the issue in March. Discussion ongoing.
- Received a request for further information to be released on the recent Code of Conduct complaint. Both the secretary and 2015-16 president provided additional information within the bounds of privacy and defamation. A request for a copy of the original complaint was refused after consultation with the person who had passed it on. This also led to some discussion of how the complaint was handled within the committee, and the need to do better in future.
- Investigated Fallout: Dead Zealand’s failure to bank cash after its May 2016 game. The matter was resolved with all outstanding cash being repaid. Fallout was then reinstated as an NZLARPS project.
- Renamed the Hamilton region to “Greater Waikato” in response to a request from their AGM and committee.
- Worked through post-AGM housekeeping tasks.
- Discussed the use of online ticketing systems for larps. The committee supports experimenting in this area, and is waiting to see how it works with Musketeers.
- Discussed possible changes to the layout of Diatribe.
- Received an update on membership numbers from the Secretary.
- 2016-8 (3 November 2016): That Fallout: Dead Zealand be reinstated as an NZLARPS Project. 3 in favour (Brad, James, Muppet), 1 abstention (Naomi), 1 recusal (Malcolm)
- 2017-1 (30 January 2017): Change the name of the Hamilton region to “Greater Waikato”. 4 in favour (James, Naomi, Malcolm, Brad)