Wellington and National AGM 2015

Hi everyone,

The Wellington AGMs will be held on Thursday 22nd October, to coincide with the Auckland and National AGMs, time to be confirmed. We are still looking for venues, so any ideas please call out.

We will need a large number of our membership there for quorum so all members are very much encouraged to come along. You can use this thread to organise carpooling and such.

Nominations for roles can be made here http://diatribe.co.nz/t/nominations-for-wellington-nzlarps-committee/9534/1.

Electronic voting is available by using the following address once there are nominations nzlarpswellingtonagm@gmail.com .

Thanks
Scott

Proposed motion: that we appoint two general officers for the regional committee.

Would like to nominate for discussion the following:

• Further consolidating Wellington gear storage (our current method was intended as a stopgap solution)
  • The results of the questionnaire put together about Wellington game preferences

Oh, and just in case it’s necessary, I second Idiot’s proposed motion.

[quote=“musicforwolves”]Would like to nominate for discussion the following:

• Further consolidating Wellington gear storage (our current method was intended as a stopgap solution)
  • The results of the questionnaire put together about Wellington game preferences[/quote]

Guess I’d better get those results ready then.

Anyone who hasn’t filled out the survey can do it here: docs.google.com/forms/d/1RsVZn3 … Q/viewform

Marketing Officer’s report

In the past year NZLARPS ran marketing campaigns at AetherCon (November 2014) and Armageddon (July 2015), and we also ran an event as part of the inaugural NZ ComicCon over Armageddon weekend. These events raised awareness in the target communities about larp and the sorts of games we offer, as well as recruiting some new larpers. These campaigns required a substantial effort from the community, so I’d like to thank all the people who contributed, through flyer- and poster-design, volunteering on the stand, and running games afterwards.

We’ve also started building a photo archive of images we have explicit permission to use for marketing larp.

Finally, over the past few weeks I’ve run a short marketing survey to gather information about the needs of the Wellington larp community and some of the constraints on it. Key results will be presented at the AGM.

Treasurers Report

2014/15 saw some change and steady growth of the societies finances. On the back of profitable games and the hydra convention the society bank balance grew to $3460.81. Being cleared funds with no call to any debts owed.

The society has changed banking providers from BNZ to ASB in June this year, with the transition now being fully completed and Te Bnz accounts closed.

The Wellington treasure still has no ability to make payments, although it is expected that this will change with the societies amendment at the national agm

A small amount of gear has been added to the gear pool through hydra and dryspell, as well as purchasing additional gazebos to replace broken assets.

It is my opinion that the society is in a position to further invest and refurbish weapon stocks and destroy it repurpose broken and defunct gear.

In addition if there is no immediate call in the cash for Wellington, it is suggested that we look to place our excess stock into a savings or term deposit to better maximise our capital

I thank my fellow members of the committee for another successful year, and Te support lent to me by Malcolm Harbrow and James cooper.

Anthony Doornebosch.

Secretary’s report
This year has seen a steady hold on the membership of the Wellington branch of NZLARPS – despite the continuing outflow of Wellingtonian LARPers moving to the big smoke, we’ve done a good job of marketing ourselves to new players, and our association with groups such as the Victoria University Games Club continues, despite them not running an affiliated LARP this committee year.
From a personal standpoint, the LARP scene in Wellington seems to be struggling to identify what it needs to do to improve on the status quo. Numbers in one-off games are falling, due to a number of reasons outlined by Idiot in the results of his Wellington marketing survey. Not all of these reasons are well-understood, and it’s something that we could do over the next year to continue improving our visibility and attendance.
Due to my involvement with Kapcon and other events, I will not be running for Secretary again this year. I would like to thank the community for putting up with me in this role, and I look forward to being involved with projects over the coming years.